Skip to main content

Featured

Ode to the Sweet Potato Pie

  Ode to the Sweet Potato Pie The sweet potato pie is a culinary masterpiece with a rich history and a taste that transcends generations and cultures. It's a dessert that evokes memories of warm kitchens, family gatherings, and the sweet, comforting aroma of spices wafting through the air. More than just a delicious treat, the sweet potato pie is a symbol of resilience, resourcefulness, and the transformative power of simple ingredients. A Journey Through Time and Taste The sweet potato pie's roots can be traced back to the enslaved people of West Africa, who brought their culinary traditions and knowledge of sweet potatoes to the American South. They adapted their recipes using available ingredients, transforming the humble sweet potato into a soul-satisfying dessert. Over time, the pie evolved, incorporating influences from European and Caribbean cuisines, each adding its unique touch to the recipe. From Humble Beginnings to Holiday Staple The sweet potato pie's

Capturing the transformative energy of a haircut

 



Bumble and bumble. Teamed up with Dazed preferred Fumi Nagasaka to lens a sequence of street-cast teenagers after their dramatic hair makeovers

The transformative power of a haircut is well-known inside the style industry. The previous few years alone have seen Ruth Bell ascend to stardom with her now-signature buzzcut, Fernanda Ly become Louis Vuitton’s candy-haired muse and Peyton Knight make her Alexander Wang debut with a ambitious bowl cut, agreed to simply moments earlier than the show.

Bumble and bumble. Is the reputable salon looking to rejoice this power; creative director Laurent Phillippon recently teamed up with photographer Fumi Nagasaka to create dramatic new appears for a sequence of New York teens. Nagasaka became largely responsible for the casting procedure, admitting “I don’t really go to the streets and search for them, I just locate them after I live my ordinary existence. I discover them at the trains, at Trader Joe’s, at Starbucks... Sam, who is in this tale, I located him at a Bernie Sanders rally.”

This casting process is markedly distinctive to that favoured by means of nowadays’s enterprise, which generally harnesses the capability of Instagram influencers to talk its message. “Nowadays anyone does Instagram casting but, for me, I want to locate humans with my eyes, talk to them and experience their vibes and personalities”, says Nagasaka. “I’m certain it’s easy to find people, and you may really discover lots that manner, but I like and enjoy the manner of finding them by myself. When I take their photographs, the tales I have with each one in all them indicates within the pix and I get very attached; this is the beauty of the photos.”

This delight in finding unpolished skills is obvious in a sequence of distinct pics which reject stylised glamour, as an alternative celebrating the individuality of cutting-edge youngsters. “Fumi captured the poetry of youngster years”, said Bumble and bumble.’s artistic director Laurent Philippon. “At this age, we all undergo struggles – our bodies are changing, our personalities are blooming. Today’s teens love to test with garments, make-up and hair, however they’re without a doubt opinionated and truely aware about what’s cool and what’s not.”

“I don’t in reality go to the streets and look for them, I simply find them when I live my regular existence. I discover them at the trains, at Trader Joe’s, at Starbucks... Sam, who is on this tale, I found him at a Bernie Sanders rally” – Fumi Nagasaka

Experimentation, however, can be daunting, mainly considering the importance we vicinity on our hair as a marker of identity. Philippon famous that Tess became the most worried of the models, arriving on set with lengthy hair that she was reluctant to cut. “When I saw her angel face punctuated with those extraordinary, robust eyebrows, I knew that she should move for a bold haircut – I left the edges and again lengthy and chopped off the pinnacle.” Luckily, she cherished it.

Sixteen-year-old Sam received an similarly drastic makeover, fueled via Philippon’s belief that younger souls have to be unfastened to combine it up. “He’s very masculine, I knew he may want to take a exceptional look. So I went a Nineteen Seventies English rock famous person fashion with mullet bits in the again, heavy sideburns and a brief fringe. He rocked it!”

For Philippon, a terrific haircut is the one way to revamp a whole non-public aesthetic without going to extreme measures. “Hair is the only part of the frame that may be changed significantly without causing any everlasting harm. We can form it to reflect our character, to attract interest or to task a designated identity or temper – it’s our crowning glory.”

Hair Bumble and bumble., Global Artistic Director Laurent Phillipon, Bumble and bumble hair colourist Zoe Wiepert, makeup Violette at Management + Artists, models Avie Acosta, Willa Best-Doyle, Louise Buckley, Tess Sahara, Sam Lazar, Scarlet Potts, photographic assistants Eduardo Silva, Kohei Kawashima read more :- informationtechnologymedia

Comments

Popular Posts